Friday, November 2, 2012

Ashtavakra Gita - The Wealth of Knowledge

A Wonderful Discourse on Ashtavakra Gita by Sri Sri


A group of us recently listened to a wonderful discourse given by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Ashtavakra Gita. Ashtavakra Gita is said to be a dialog that happened between a sage, Ashtavakra and a very learned, wise King, Janaka. The dialog starts with a very simple conversation and unfolds very deeper aspects of life, nature of mind, qualities of the self and so on.

I should say it is a powerful discourse. His Holiness Sri Sri talks about so many subjects relating to our every day life. This discourse in a gentle way made me realize some of my own patterns that I have in my life. It also helped me to see things from a bigger prespective.

As the weeks went on and on, I noticed that I was able to let go of my own little ideas, concepts and connect with myself and the rest of the group in a much deeper level.

At the end of every session, I was left with the feeling of wonder, a sense of relief, contemptment and freedom.

I used to (still use to) have some really strong ideas, optinions, about things in life. In a way this has given some sort of rigidity, stubbornness, assertiveness in life. The knowledge of Ashtavakra Gita is so subtile, but yet so powerful. It helped me look at some of the patterns I have in my life and even let go some of them.

After watching the discourse, I feel soft, tender and connect with me and others in a better way. Thanks to His Holiness for the wonderful discourse on Ashtavakra Gita.

Our Group Manimozhian, Parag Agarwal, Sriram Hariharan, Varinder, Rachna Reddy, Monica Bansal and Seema Singh.

Jai gurudev,
-Mathi
November, 2, 2012
Sunnyvale, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment